Most of us wish to look and feel young forever, don’t we? Here is some good news – you do not need to buy costly and chemical-infused products to reverse the aging process. The answer lies in your grandma’s old hack to feeling youthful: drinking haldi doodh, and now even science backs this! While we were busy looking for solutions from doctors and beauty brands, the secret was right inside our kitchens. Here’s how the everyday kitchen spice haldi (turmeric) can help you get glowing, flawless skin. Read on to know more about the golden milk benefits.
Anti-Ageing Properties Of Turmeric
Research  suggests that curcumin, a powerful component found in turmeric, can slow down the aging process and help fight premature aging, arthritis, neurological disorders, and heart diseases.
- Skin: Curcumin has anti-inflammatory properties that fight acne and breakouts. In addition, it keeps infections at bay by reducing the oil secretion  by the sebaceous glands. It is a great exfoliator to remove dead and aging skin. Along with curcumin, turmeric is also rich in manganese, iron, vitamin B6, potassium, and other minerals, which work wonders for the skin, and can help you get radiant and young looking skin.
- Body: The free radicals in the environment cause oxidative stress, the top reason for aging. They are highly reactive and tend to affect fatty acids, proteins, and even DNA. A great way to fight them is with antioxidants. Curcumin is filled with antioxidants  that help reduce the oxidative damage and work at the DNA level  to strengthen your body. It also boosts your body’s existing antioxidants . These properties of turmeric help you maintain a healthy body.
- Brain: Your brain and memory remain sharp due to a process called brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), which is a type of growth hormone. With age, BDNF levels decrease , which leads to neurological diseases such as dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, along with depression. Curcumin can increase BDNF levels , keeping your brain healthy, and improving memory.
- Heart Diseases: Curcumin helps improve the function of the endothelium , the blood vessels lining responsible for blood pressure regulation, and blood clotting ensuring good heart health and healthy heart functions.
- Arthritis: One of the top reasons for arthritis is the inflammation of joints. Curcumin’s anti-inflammatory properties help soothe the joints and reduce the pain .
Other Benefits Of Turmeric
Turmeric must be on top of your grocery list for several reasons apart from the age reversal. Studies  suggest that it may also help in the management of exercise-induced inflammation and muscle soreness, thus enhancing recovery and performance in active people. In addition to being a natural pain reliever and a medicinal herb that cures wounds, curcumin has a potential anti-anxiety effect and is associated with significantly reducing the LDL levels or bad cholesterol.
Ways To Consume Turmeric In Your Daily Diet
Due to curcumin’s low bioavailability, it has a rather low absorption rate leading to its rapid elimination from the body. In simpler terms, it is difficult for our bodies to extract all that good stuff to the fullest. Most of the curcumin is absorbed directly into the lining of the liver and stomach wall, as opposed to the bloodstream, which is where it can show its magic.
The good news is that turmeric is fat-soluble. A combination of turmeric and milk fat helps the curcumin to be easily absorbed in the bloodstream; hence, the haldi doodh. Although milk provides turmeric a smooth medium, it can also be eaten with healthy fats such as coconut oil, ghee, and olive oil.
Having said that, several other components can increase its bioavailability. According to a recent study , piperine which is a major component of black pepper increases curcumin’s bioavailability by 2000%. It inhibits the working of certain digestive enzymes that prevent the absorption of curcumin. In fact, the combination of turmeric and black pepper has been considered as an Ayurvedic treatment for diseases such as arthritis, for centuries in India. The next time you go for haldi doodh, don’t forget to add a pinch of black pepper for great results. Curcumin is often extracted from turmeric and sold as a supplement too so that people can consume it in a concentrated form. Such supplements are easily available in the market today. Setu also offers such supplements that can help your body absorb curcumin better. Turme Rich is our plant-based capsule that contains curcumin extract. It has anti-inflammatory benefits and the ability to increase the number of antioxidants produced by the body to boost immunity. The supplement supports healthy skin, promotes joint mobility and flexibility, and helps boost brain functions. It is formulated with our patented and clinically proven CurcuWIN® and MCT Oil. Our delivery system ensures 46 times higher absorption by the body vs any standard curcumin product in the market. We have added MCT oil for better absorption of curcumin and to improve the efficacy of the product.
We also offer Turme Rich in Gummy format that makes it exciting for the kids. With Setu Turmerich Gummies, get your daily dose of immunity and antioxidants from the goodness of turmeric. Each yummy mango-flavored gummy contains curcumin that has anti-inflammatory benefits and ability to increase the number of antioxidants produced by the body. Setu Turmerich Gummies contain patented UltraSOL Curcumin which is 46 times more bio-available than standard curcumin.
Want to feel 18 till you die? Go grab a cup of golden latte right now!
Here are some of the Setu products you might like
Read Our Blogs