Tips to Reduce Pimples on Face
Are you among those who have tried countless topical remedies to manage pimples without any luck and are still figuring out how to get rid of pimples safely? If yes, then it’s high time you stop burning your hard-earned money on cosmetics and beauty products, it’s time you pay attention to your diet, lifestyle habits, and follow a healthy routine. Don’t worry! We’ll tell you in detail about how your lifestyle and diet can help you get clear, glowing skin.
Hectic modern lifestyle, stress, unhealthy eating habits, exposure to pollution, excessive usage of chemically infused cosmetics are all factors that contribute to pimple formation. A hectic lifestyle causes stress and disrupts your daily routine including your sleep cycle which has an adverse effect on your skin. Eating unhealthy and untimely food can also wreak havoc on your skin and your overall health. However, if your urban lifestyle is taking a toll on your skin health, here are some easy, safe and natural ways to get rid of the annoying acne on your face. Keep reading to find out more about these simple remedies.
The Link Between Gut Health And Pimples
Various research and studies have revealed that there is an intimate connection between your gut health and pimples that show up on your face. The findings indicate that those suffering from pimples or acne breakout very often should keep a check on what they eat rather than resorting to various OTC pimple-fighting products. Digestive issues are most common in those suffering from acne than those who have rather clear skin .
Gut microbes are the micro bacteria in your gut that help with digestion and also maintain an intestinal barrier that restricts by-products of undigested proteins and toxins from entering the bloodstream and reaching the skin. This barrier has to open naturally to get the nutrients to enter the bloodstream after you eat. However, with an unhealthy gut, the functions of the barrier are disrupted and the toxins make their way into the bloodstream causing inflammation, pimples and more skin issues .
Heal Your Skin Naturally From Within
Dr David Jack, skincare specialist at Harley Street says those having acne should increase their intake of probiotic foods. One can have a probiotic supplement that can add 30 billion colony-forming units (CFUs), and a blend of Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium SP . You need to nourish these good bacteria by adding prebiotics to your diet. Prebiotic diet includes onion, asparagus, raw vegetables, garlic, chicory root, etc.
One should also focus on avoiding foods that are low in the glycemic index such as starchy and sugary foods, refined carbohydrates and processed foods. Foods high in antioxidants including vitamin A, omega-3-fatty acids reduce the ability to reduce skin inflammation. Salmon, mackerel, walnuts, flaxseeds, chia seeds and soybeans are all good sources of dietary omega-3-fatty acids .
Apart from this, including anti-inflammatory spices such as turmeric, black pepper, ginger, cinnamon, clove, garlic and cayenne in your diet help eliminate pimples and reduce the formation of new ones.
Liver Function And Pimples
Regular acne outbreaks can also be linked to poor liver function. A build-up of toxins in the liver due to food chemicals, alcohol, drugs and environmental pollutants can render nasty effects on your skin in the form of pimples .
A congested liver isn’t able to break down toxins and the fat in your diet, which ultimately floats in your bloodstream. The oil-producing glands use this fat that contains inflammatory toxins and upset the natural oils of the skin, resulting in pimple formation on your skin.
Improving The Health Of Liver
To improve the health of the liver you should avoid excessive intake of coffee, fried foods and alcohol. Having dark leafy green vegetables such as spinach, garlic, onions, kale, etc can also help you take a step forward to blemish-free skin and can help detoxify the liver as well. A master antioxidant, glutathione which is present in spinach, avocados, okra, and asparagus is also known to improve liver health and function and reduce the occurrence of pimples . You can include these food items in your diet to improve your skin, liver and overall health.
More Home Remedies
Here are some more home remedies to help you get rid of annoying pimples
- Apply Cider Vinegar: Use diluted apple cider vinegar and apply it to your skin with a cotton ball. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes then wash it off with water.
- Honey And Cinnamon Mask: Mix 2 tabs of honey and 1 tsp of cinnamon to form a paste. Apply the paste on your skin and leave it for 10–15 minutes. Rinse it with water once it’s dry.
- Tea Tree Oil For Acne Marks: Mix one part of tea tree oil with 9 parts of water and apply it to the affected area. It will help you get rid of acne marks.
- Use Aloe Vera: Aloe vera gel can act as a natural moisturizer. You can scoop the gel from the leaves with the help of a spoon and apply it directly to the skin.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is well known for its anti-inflammatory and medicinal properties. It can also be used to rejuvenate the skin and give you a radiant glow. You can use turmeric as a paste or mask to help you get rid of acne.
Topical therapy or home remedies are just one-step in addressing the pimple problem. Lifestyle management that includes exercise, eating a balanced diet, practicing a skincare routine, and avoiding stress can go a long way in eliminating pimples and achieving clear skin on the face.
However, if you are someone who is not sure about the commitment it takes to make home remedies work, you can opt for Setu’s natural supplements to get radiant, flawless and younger-looking skin. We offer a wide range of products for beauty and skincare. Some of them include:
- Setu Vitamin C Fizz: Delicious orange-flavored fizzy drink with 1000 mg of vitamin C that supercharges immunity, promotes anti-aging and healthy skin.
- Setu Turme Rich: Plant-based capsule that contains curcumin extract for stronger immune functions, healthy skin, healthy joints and enhanced cognition.
- Setu Biotin: Natural nutrient to nourish and strengthen your hair, skin, and nails.
- Setu Gluta Fizz: Active Glutathione for men and women for detox and youthful skin from within.