Omega-3 is a family of polyunsaturated fatty acids with abundant health benefits essential for your body. It contains good fats (EPA and DHA) that promote healthy cardiovascular function, counter hypertension and excess triglycerides, improve joint health, and reduce inflammation. The best part? All of these benefits contribute to healthy, dewy skin.
Helps MaintainMaintaining Heart Health
Helps Improve Joint Movement
Boosts Brain Function
Supports Eye Health
- Helps Maintain Heart Health
Saturated fats wreak havoc for your heart, and it is best to stay away from them. However, your body does need fat, and that’s where the unsaturated fats in fish, called omega 3 fatty acids come into the picture. One such fatty acid is EPA or eicosapentaenoic acid that helps reduce inflammation throughout the body. This is known to damage your blood vessels and eventually lead to heart disease and strokes. Studies suggest that Omega 3 improves endothelial function and arterial stiffness, and help in the improvement of the vascular circulatory function.
- Helps Improve Joint Movement
Inflammation is related to many major and minor illnesses such as joint pain. Omega 3 fatty acids have anti-inflammatory properties and help ease chronic conditions of the joints. Additionally, it affects biomarkers associated with inflammation that aid the body in the long run and help protect the joints from age-related diseases.
- Boosts Brain Function
Dietary deficiencies of fatty acids present in Omega 3 can limit brain growth, especially during fetal development and early life. While it is required in children, this supplement is ideal for adults too, to boost healthy brain function. With regular consumption, these good fats can help improve people’s reading, spelling and non-verbal cognitive development functions.
- Supports Eye Health
Omega 3 fatty acid like DHA is a major component of the retina. Dry eyes, burning, scratchy eye sensation, stinging, eye fatigue and sensitivity to light, etc. are common in today’s urban lifestyle. Omega 3 helps in strengthening the eyes to fight these conditions. Additionally, it aids in combating serious epithelial erosion and corneal ulcerations.
What Does Science Say?
- Omega-3 PUFA supplementation increases HDL cholesterol levels and may help to improve blood glucose levels and insulin sensitivity. It might also prevent the development of diabetes. Read More
- The anti-inflammatory effect of omega 3 has therapeutic efficacy in Rheumatoid arthritis and has protective actions towards atherosclerosis, plaque rupture and various cardiovascular diseases. Read More
- Higher DHA levels have shown to improve cognitive performance. Read More
- The levels of essential fatty acids (EPA & DHA) are low in vegetarians and absent in vegans. A supplement of 200-300 mg/day of DHA and EPA is suggested for those with increased needs, such as pregnant and lactating women, and those with reduced conversion ability. Read More
Products With This Ingredient
Here are all the amazing Setu products with this power nutrient.