Poor sleep can have disastrous effects on your body. It can hamper productivity, deplete energy and may also increase the risk of certain chronic diseases like diabetes and hypertension. Melatonin is a hormone that regulates the sleep-wake cycle of our body and is affected by light. Its supplement helps you rest better and resolve sleep disorders. Unlike sleeping pills, it does not directly knock you off to sleep. It simply signals the body that it is time to sleep so that the body can enter a state of relaxation and find it easier to fall asleep.
Helps Reduce Sleep Disorders
Helps Improve Sleep Quality
- Help Reduce Sleep Disorders
Melatonin, when taken as a supplement, is known to decrease sleep onset latency (time required to fall asleep), increase sleep duration and generate sleepiness. It is a potent hypnotic agent capable of eliciting a sleep response in healthy individuals. Plus, it is safer than other pharmacological treatments for insomnia due to its benign side effects.
- Eases Jet-Lag
While most people enjoy traveling and exploring the world, the jet-lag that comes with it is an unwanted side effect. Their circadian cycle does not match the new time zone and they suffer from daytime sleepiness and fatigue. This affects their productivity. Melatonin supplementation is remarkably effective in preventing jet-lag and should be taken by people traveling through two or more time zones, especially eastwards.
- Helps Improve Sleep Quality
Melatonin supplementation helps in signaling your brain to sleep and promotes better sleep quality. It helps increase the overall time of sleep by making it easy for the user to sleep. Additionally, it is known to help relax the eyes and the mind, which improves the quality of sleep and thereby reducing fatigue.
What Does Science Say?
- A study on 20 healthy male subjects found that low doses of melatonin (0.1–10 mg, orally) decreased sleep onset latency (time required to fall asleep), increased sleep duration and generated sleepiness and fatigue. Read More
- A meta-analysis of studies that assessed the effect of melatonin supplementation found that it was remarkably effective in preventing jet-lag and should be taken by people traveling through two or more time zones, especially eastwards. Read More
- In a study on 100 patients with AMD, melatonin supplementation was found to maintain visual acuity and the majority had reduced pathologic macular changes. Read More
- In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study on 30 patients with tinnitus, melatonin supplementation was found to be an effective therapeutic agent that helps treat tinnitus and also helps patients sleep better. Read More
Products With This Ingredient
Here are all the amazing Setu products with this power nutrient